Popular Posts

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Day 2, The Shot.

I'm not really sure if he deserved it or not. I'm not sure if it was worth it or not. But I am getting ahead of myself really. We were just checking through some houses looking for any food and drinking our fill at the well pump we found. Sadly there wasn't much left in the houses. They had already been rifled through. It had been a few days since we last had eaten and we were both feeling the muscle fatigue. We hadn't even seen another person for weeks, so it surprised us when from our hiding spots we spotted the man jogging down the road towards the village we were scouring with an axe in his hands. We weren't sure what to do at first. He was armed, we needed supplies and our raid wasn't very fruitful. After a moment of discussion it was decided. I aimed my gun, saw the mans head through my scope, and squeezed. A bang and the man crumpled to the floor. It was easier then I thought it would be. Killing someone that is. Just a quick movement of my finger and that's all there was.We took what we needed, his backpack, some food, his shoes, and left him for the crows. Kruger says better safe then sorry. Honestly though, all I feel is pretty sorry. I didn't even know his name.

But for what I did we live another day. As hollow a victory that may be, a victory it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment